Friday, October 2, 2009

Franchise model

Michael Gerber – the small business guru said to me, “Minna set your business up like a franchise otherwise you will never be able to get away from the daily grind”.  Michael is a huge mentor to me; and I have admired and respected his work for so long so when he spoke to me it was almost like God talking to me.

So franchise system, Ok now what?  I read the E-myth over and over again…what is this system?  I spent numerous days at Chapters looking for franchising books and countless hours of hours on Google looking for the best way to set up a franchise.  Nothing! Absolutely nothing, there are tons of information about how to SELL one or how to market one but not to set one up.  I guess that is the million dollar secret that no one wants to let out.

It was only last month that I had my AHA moment.  I was fortunate enough to be able to ask Brian Scudamore from 1800-got-junk some questions about setting up a franchise.  At the risk of sounding stupid, I asked…what is this franchise SYSTEM? It was so simple but made so much sense….Brian basically said “it is the best way to do something” and it can just be hand-written on one sheet of paper. 

Simple solution to complex problems is my new mantra from now on.

Quote of the day: 
 
”A man can succeed at almost anything for which he has unlimited enthusiasm.”

Charles Schwab

Posted via email from minna's posterous